Resolve 2013: Freak Out! With Jessa Slade
I get a little freaked out when a new Jessa Slade novel goes on sale, cause I know hours of the most enjoyable reading are in my immediate future. Who knows what goes on in an author’s mind and heart when they’re crafting a story, especially a tall, willowy blond with Eeyore riding her back. Reduce stress? My advice – read Jessa Slade. Please help me welcome my good friend, Jessa.
My XY often says to me “You’re a twitchy little thing.” It’s true. I’m twitchy. I’m easily over-caffeinated, quick to catch a buzz, violently stimulated by action movies, and I talk too fast. All scientific evidence to the contrary, I really do believe I’m good at multi-tasking. At this very moment, I have my desktop, my netbook and my tablet all within arm’s reach should I need something more more more.
So the idea of reducing stress seems antithetical to me. I don’t like to be touched so massage is out. Monkey mind actually amuses me so I can’t meditate. When I burn candles, I spend most of my time poking at the hot wax. Relaxation is for wimps!
Until I crash. And then I remember, oh yeah, sometimes it’s good to bliss out! That is when I go for the hard-core stress dump.
1. Take one couch with at least three pillows and one fuzzy blanket.
2. Wrap self in layers of flannel.
3. Prepare one cup of hot cocoa with whipped cream and mini choco chips. (Side order of butter cookies optional.)
4. Open to chapter one of special book saved for just this occasion. I recommend anything by Nalini Singh (paranormal), Kristan Higgins (contemporary), or Courtney Milan (historical). Or anything by any of the fabulous authors participating in this Resolve 2013 blog tour
5. Read cover to cover and only get up to refill the cocoa.
Do you save favorite books for hard times? What’s on your night table now? Please share in comments.
Comment from Susan: Right now I’m reading Jim Butcher’s Grave Peril, and I just downloaded Paty Jager’s Secret Of A Mayan Moon, and Jessa’s A Little Night Muse. That should keep me quite blissful for awhile. Today I’ll be at Jenna Bayley-Burke’s Romantic Notions where the talk around the water cooler is all about eating healthier.
Posted on January 6, 2013, in guest post, Susan Lute and tagged A Little Kight Muse, blog tour, crash, find and follow your bliss, Freak out!, Jessa Slade, Marked Souls, multi-tasking, read, reduce stress, Resolve 2013, See Jane Publish, Susan Lute, The Darkest Night, write. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.