Add Finding me a Husband to your To-Do List (Jessie Smith)
Since I’m single and in my late 30’s, I feel like I need an excuse for why I’m still alone or I fear that my friends and family will come up with their own ill-fated conclusions. My shield of armor has always been to deflect with humor. In my 20’s I used to joke that my Prince Charming must have been hit by a bus and he lacked health insurance. When I hit 30, I turned the tables on my interrogators by joking that I’m clearly no good at finding a man so they must add finding me a husband to their to-do list. Ha-Ha! That should buy me some more time.
So while I’m waiting for love to magically show up at my doorstep, here are some of the lessons I have learned over the past 27 days at See Jane Publish…
· I might already be having lunch at the same place as him. (Thank you M.L)
· I might have already met him but he needs time to grow into a better man. (Thank you Melissa)
· I might have to think outside-the-box and spend more time at Costco. (Thank you Jamie)
Once I find him…
· I have instructions on how to write him love letters. (Thank you Linda)
· I have some tips on how to have a happy marriage. (Thank you Nancy)
· I have to get an FTD Membership to be able to afford all the flowers I could get from my husband (Thank you Sheryl)
SJP wanted to do something special for the month of February to honor Valentine’s Day. Since one of the main complaints about my beloved Romance genre is that they say love in those kinds of novels don’t exist in real-life this is my opportunity to thank all this month’s wonderful guest bloggers for sharing their stories to prove otherwise. If for no other reason, maybe I, your Single Jane, just needed to hear them.